Skilled Worker Visa UK Replaces Tier 2 Work Visas UK.

Migrate & Settle in the UK.

UK has announced new points-based visa system wherein Skilled Worker Visa scheme replaces Tier 2 General and Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visas. This scheme is now much simpler and the applicants do not need to have a minimum education of bachelor's degree and salary levels are also lowered.

Skilled Workers category of Points Bases Immigration System of the UK replaced Work Permits scheme of the UK. Under skilled worker visa you cannot apply for Entry Clearance or Permission to Enter unless you have the Sponsorship Certificate from the UK employer who is on the register of sponsors.

Under this category the UK Employers can sponsor the skilled workers from all over the world including the EU or EEA area, as UK is not the part of EU from 1 January 2021.

If you are interested in migrating to the UK as a skilled worker you will need to meet following eligibility criteria:

  1. You must have a job offer from a licensed employer in the UK,
  2. The Job must meet minimum skills level,
  3. The salary on offer must be above the prescribed salary level, and
  4. You must prove knowledge and proficiency of English language

For a successful Skilled Worker Visa application you will need to score 70 points out of which 50 points are mandatory for job offer, skill level and English language and 20 points tradeable which can be for education like Ph. D. in STEM subjects or if the job is on Shortage Occupation List published by the Home Office.

UK Employers need to first obtain a license from the Home Office for Tier 2 General or Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers.

If you have received a Sponsorship Certificate from a UK employer, you can then apply for Entry Clearance or visa under Tier 2. If you score the required points, have personal savings, which can also be confirmed by the employer and if you meet the other requirements, you will be granted the visa for the UK.

If you are transferred from the UK employer's group company in India, you will be considered under Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT).

Over the years, we have observed that many people aspiring to migrate to the UK find it difficult to find a UK job where the employer has the sponsor license and is willing to sponsor suitable skilled workers to meet their requirements.

For this purpose, we have launched a Job Site specializing in International Jobs at CV1.Org where you can register for free and upload your latest CV.

Skilled worker visa category also includes Minister of Religion Visa (which replaces Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa), Sportsperson Visa (which replaces Tier 2 Sports Person visa). There is also Health and Care visa for medical, healthcare and nursing jobs in the UK.

Please contact us if you wish to book an appointment or visit our fees schedule if you wish to know more about our full service fees.

UK Visa Services provided under support of

HSMP Immigration Services UK Ltd.
Find a Job Overseas
Upload your Resume on is part of Skilled Visa Guide